When a death occurs at home
- Contact your local doctor.
- Telephone D.C. Studholme Funeral Directors on 016973 45318 at any time of the day or night for immediate help and assistance.
When a death occurs in hospital
- Telephone D.C. Studholme Funeral Directors on 016973 45318 for immediate help and assistance.
When a death occurs suddenly or unexpectedly
- This may involve the police or a coroner.
- Telephone D.C. Studholme Funeral Directors who will liaise with the appropriate authority and give all the assistance that you require.
Registering the death
After receiving certification from your local doctor or hospital, an appointment at the registry office must be made to register the death. The registrar will issue you with the death certificate for your own use (i.e. banks, pensions or insurance.) You will also receive a green certificate which is required by the funeral director to allow a burial or cremation to take place. For 24 hour personal assistance call 016973 45318.
Information required by the registrar
- Full name of the deceased
- Place and date where death occurred
- Home address
- Marital status
- Maiden name
- Spouses full name and occupation
Help and support when you need it most
When one of your loved ones has passed, D.C. Studholme Funeral Directors understand that you may need advice and guidance on the steps that need to be taken. We are here 24 hours a day.
Assistance with the cost of funerals
Depending on your circumstances, if you are in receipt of income support, housing benefit or family credit, you may be eligible to receive financial help towards the cost of a funeral.